Why Order Import
The order import feature in Adcurve is used for several purposes:
- To approve orders for affiliate networks automatically
- To calculate the statistics based on the actual orders value
- To calculate the added value of online orientation on off-line purchases (ROPO)
Webshops should generate an order status file per shop on a daily/weekly basis and upload to FTP. For partial returns, simply remove the the basket items (products) that are returned from the order in the order feed and adjust the order amount. Credentials for fetching the orders can be configured in AdCurve admin.
The file should:
- be compressed using gz
- be located on ftp, hosted on the customers or external site
- be updated preferably at least once a day
- the file should contain all updated orders since the previous file (increment)
- File name should be "orders-" + timestamp of creation + "xml(.gz)". For example 'orders-20131125-110524.xml.gz' (format: YYYYMMDD-HHMMSS)
- conform to the XSD schema
- Time should be in the format YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM:SS and in UTC time.